The Council will formally Adopt the Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) on 15 September 2008, to supplement planning Policies in the adopted North Kesteven Local Plan 2007. The SPD forms part of the Local Development Framework (LDF). It is a material consideration in determining planning applications.
The Adopted Affordable Housing SPD and the accompanying documents are available for viewing or downloading by clicking the links below.
What does the SPD do?
The Affordable Housing SPD expands upon and supplements planning Policies H5 and H6 within the Adopted North Kesteven Local Plan of September 2007, regarding affordable housing provision in development proposals. The SPD provides more guidance on the process and negotiation of affordable housing delivery through the planning system in North Kesteven, indicating in more detail how the Policies are to be applied in practice.
After Executive Board consideration on 17 January 2008, the full Council, at its meeting held on 28 February 2008, considered and resolved to approve detailed responses to all representations received on the consultation draft SPD and its accompanying Sustainability Appraisal (SA). It also resolved that an amended version of the Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) be approved for Adoption, to supplement planning policies in the adopted North Kesteven Local Plan 2007.
The following supporting documents are published alongside the Adopted Affordable Housing SPD:-
- Adoption Statement - Details of adoption and period available for judicial review.
- Final Consultation Statement - This is a Statement of Main Issues Raised through Public Consultation on the Draft SPD and SA. It records what formal public consultation was carried out, the Representations received and how the Main Issues raised in these representations were addressed in the Adopted SPD.
- Final Sustainability Appraisal Report - A statement on how Sustainability considerations and appraisal and consultation have been taken into account and integrated into the SPD’s preparation.
Availability for inspection
As well as the documents available for downloading below, paper copies of the adopted Affordable Housing SPD and accompanying documents have also been made available for inspection, during their normal opening hours, at the following locations: -
- District Council Offices, Reception, Kesteven Street, Sleaford
- Council’s Info-Links Office, The North Kesteven Centre, Moor Lane, North Hykeham
- Council’s Info-Links Office, 15A High Street, Metheringham
- All Council’s Community Access Points
- All County Public Libraries (static and mobile) within the District.