The Local Land Charge Register
The Council has a statutory duty to make the Local Land Charge Register available to any person wishing to carry out a personal search and in accordance with the instructions issued 27th July 2010 by the Department for Communities and Local Government there is no fee.
To undertake an inspection of the register, under EIR (Environmental Information Regulations) please make an appointment to attend the Council Offices, Kesteven Street, Sleaford.
The Local Land Charge Register for North Kesteven District Council is held at the Council Offices, Kesteven Street, Sleaford NG34 7EF and under rule 7 of the Local Land Charges Rules (1977) conditional planning consents are held in the Planning Register.
Personal Searches - Onsite inspection of the local land charges register
Making an appointment
Our appointments are Monday to Friday and will be one hour in duration commencing at the following times 9.30, 10.30, 11.30, 14.00 and 15.00.
To make an appointment ring the Local Land Charge section 01529 414155 to discuss appointment availability.
We allow up to 12 addresses per appointment. Addresses above this number will have to carried over to another appointment on a different date.
Ahead of the appointment
Address details and location plans must be received by this office no later than 12 noon on the working day prior to your intended appointment.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details.
- Appointment date and time in the email subject heading
- Name and contact details of the person or company who will be carrying out the personal search
- Full and correct address/description of each property and any other details to enable identification
- Correct plan - Ordnance Survey Licensed plan - (preferably at scale 1:1250 or 1:2500 extract) upon which the exact boundaries of the property have been clearly marked
- Location plan that has more than one area in colour (eg red and blue) - for avoidance of confusion over site requirements please specify the required coloured area(s)
- New properties - a developer plan will be sufficient
During the appointment
If during the appointment the person carrying out the personal encounters a problem with access to the computer system please make the Land Charge team aware to allow us to rectify the matter. Ring us on extension 28235, 28238, or 28234.
In the event of system failure
Please ensure the Local Land Charge section has got up to date contact details for you or your office, this should include telephone numbers where possible. In the event of power, network system/computer failure, regrettably, we would have to contact you to postpone any affected appointment
Other public registers
Please refer to CON29R Component Data (EIR).