Cooling tower notification

Apply online

Notification of cooling towers and evaporative condensers

Application to change a cooling tower notification

Licence summary

If you control non-domestic premises you must ensure that you notify the Council of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser (notifiable devices) on the premises.

Notifications must be in writing (including by electronic means) on a form approved by the Health & Safety Executive.

You must notify the local authority of any changes to the notification information within one month of the change, in writing.

If the device ceases to be a notifiable device you must notify the local authority in writing as soon as possible.

Eligibility criteria

No provision in legislation.

Regulation summary

Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers Regulations 1992

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period.

Failed application redress

Please contact your Local Authority in the first instance.

Licence holder redress

Please contact your Local Authority in the first instance.

Consumer complaint

We would always advice that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice Consumer Helplinewill give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.