The role and responsibility of the Chairman to North Kesteven District Council, as the civic and ceremonial head of the Council, is to be an ambassador representing the Council and the communities of North Kesteven which they serve.
- Working in a proactive way to ensure the authority’s aims, objectives and priorities are met and to promote good practice.
- Building connections and bringing information to the authority from experiences learned.
- Host main civic events.
- Welcome visitors to the authority’s area.
- Network within the community through stakeholders, community groups, public and the voluntary sector, to achieve mutual understanding relating to activities and projects being undertaken.
- To preside over principal meetings of the Council and to ensure that Council meetings are conducted in a professional manner and in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Local Government Act 1972 and in the Council’s Standing Orders.
- Impartially and objectively encouraging appropriate participation and offering feedback.