Council Tax Support appeals

If you are entitled to Council Tax Support and you do not agree with the decision that the Council has made, you have the right to have this looked at again.

If you think the Council has not calculated your Council Tax Support correctly then you can ask us to look at it again by writing to us setting out the reasons why you think it is wrong.

If the Council reviews the decision and does not agree you will have a further right of appeal to the independent valuation tribunal.

If you write to us and the Council does not consider your letter within two months, you may also appeal directly to the valuation tribunal service.

Further information can be found on the Valuation Tribunal website, where the scheme is known as ‘Council Tax Reduction’ rather than ‘Council Tax Support’.