Each community is made up of different groups of people who have different needs and expectations from Council services, so in order to achieve this vision, the following equality objectives are supported by the authority:
- Know the diversity of our community and understand its need
- Show leadership and commitment in promoting equality and challenging inequality
- Work in partnership with public, private, voluntary and community organisations to reduce the equality gaps and improve lives
- Actively engage our community to participate in decision making processes to improve the services we provide
- Provide services that meet the needs of the diversity of the community and are accessible to all
- Have a workforce where everyone is treated equally with dignity and respect, with an ongoing commitment by the Council to regularly report and review our gender pay gap
We aim to ensure that all of our customers are treated equally and enjoy equal access to our services. No one will be treated less favourably than anyone else because of their gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status or socio-economic status.
We try to ensure that information about our services is accessible to all and can produce documents in alternative formats, such as, large print, Braille, audio tape, electronic formats or in a different language.