Date Published: 08 March 2019
Anyone wanting to stand in District and Parish elections in North Kesteven will need to submit a nomination pack between Thursday 14 March and by 4pm on Wednesday 3 April.
Completed nomination papers should be hand delivered on the following dates and locations.
- Meeting Room 1 at North Kesteven District Council, Kesteven Street, Sleaford NG34 7EF, between the hours of 10am and 4pm on any working day between Thursday 14 March and 4pm Wednesday 3 April.
- The Training Room at Metheringham Depot, Scoley Court, Moorlands Trading Estate, Metheringham LN4 3BS on Thursday 14th and Friday 15th March only, between 10am and 4pm;
- Info Links at ONE NK, Moor Lane, North Hykeham LN6 9AX on Thursday 21st (10am to 4pm), Friday 22nd (10am to 4pm) and Saturday 23rd March (10am to 2pm)
It is strongly advised that an appointment is made to submit nomination papers by emailing BusinessSupportTeam@n-kesteven.gov.uk or by calling 01529 308024.
An informal check of papers before formally accepting them can be offered but please make sure to book an appointment.
The timeline for the elections is as follows:
- From Thursday 4 April: Candidates’ details published and contested elections announced
- Friday 12 April: Last day to apply to register to vote (by midnight)
- Monday 15 April: Last day to apply to vote by post (by 5pm)
- Wednesday 24 April: Last day to apply to vote by proxy (by 5pm)
- Thursday 2 May: Polling Day for any contested areas, with polling stations open from 7am - 10pm
- Friday 3 May: Count and election results published at www.n-kesteven.gov.uk and on the Council’s Social Media accounts
Anyone wanting to vote at a polling station for this election will need to bring ID with them.
A full list of acceptable forms of ID has now been confirmed. Please visit www.n-kesteven.gov.uk/VoterID for more details.
You cannot vote in the elections if you are not on the electoral register. Visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote