Date Published: 17 August 2022
Who do you know who’s deserving of the biggest ‘thank you’ North Kesteven can express – a NK Community Champion Award?
For a 12 th year, North Kesteven District Council in partnership with community-minded businesses, is looking to celebrate the huge amount of voluntary community endeavour and many acts of thoughtful kindness that make local life so special and to champion those individuals and organisations at the heart of this.
Nominations are open now across 11 categories, reflecting the many ways through which people, groups and businesses make a positive difference to life locally – offering plenty of scope to ensure the very best expressions of community endeavour are applauded and awarded.
Nominations must be made by September 9, which gives you some time to champion those volunteers and community-minded individuals who enhance our District by running sports clubs, showing consideration for others, making communities safer, enhancing the environment, pioneering climate action, being a good neighbour or making things better through their business.
And through all the Jubilee activities across our towns and villages there must be countless people who’ve shown great community spirit that you think are deserving of praise and recognition for making it all happen. Categories cover:
- Community Business
- Community Spirit (sponsored by Lindum Group)
- Contribution to Arts & Culture (sponsored by Lincs Inspire)
- Contribution to a Better Environment (sponsored by Hill Holt Wood)
- Contribution to Climate Action (sponsored by Sleaford Renewable Energy Plant / Greencoat Capital)
- Contribution to Community Safety (sponsored by the Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire)
- Contribution to Health & Wellbeing (sponsored by Branston Ltd)
- Contribution to Sport (sponsored by GLL/ Better)
- Good Neighbour (sponsored by Ringrose Law)
- Longstanding Contribution to a Group or Organisation (sponsored by Lincolnshire Community Foundation)
- Young Achiever (sponsored by Duncan & Toplis)
A celebration evening will take place in Sleaford on November 16. Organised and operated by North Kesteven District Council, the awards are only possible through the generous sponsorship of a number of community-minded businesses.
Nominations can be made at www.nkawards.org There is more detail and guidance notes there, and profiles of recent years’ finalists.