Date Published: 31 March 2020
A range of initiatives, advice and support mechanisms are being developed and delivered to help businesses across North Kesteven respond to the COVID-19 outbreak.
As the Government announces ever more measures, grants and relief schemes, Council officers are making sense of them and shaping services and support to help traders to navigate their changing circumstances.
Latest is rent relief for tenants of the Council’s portfolio of 111 commercial units, workshops and work spaces spread across the District.
They have all been written to with the offer of half-price rent throughout April, May and June and its managing agent is reviewing its service charges for this period too.
Councillor Richard Wright, Leader of the District Council, said: “In light of the current Coronavirus pandemic and the issues businesses are undoubtedly facing - including many forced to temporarily close down as part of the national drive to limit contact and stem the spread of the virus - the District Council is doing all it can to support business during these disconcerting and unsettling times.
“We hope that this rent relief goes some way in supporting the operation of our tenants’ businesses and puts them in a stronger position to bounce back after this period has passed.
“North Kesteven District Council is committed to providing businesses with the most relevant and important information from the Government and other business advice agencies.
“Additionally, across our economic development and environmental health teams there is some really good, responsive and business-focused support to help traders to identify resources, mechanisms and new ways of operating which will hopefully build their resilience whilst ensuring they can contribute positively and confidently to this important national effort.”
Such measures include:
- Responding to businesses wanting guidance.
- Identifying businesses eligible for financial support on their business rates.
- Detailing guidance online relating to deferring VAT and Income Tax payments, accessing the Job Retention Scheme and Business Rates relief.
- Supporting the self-employed in identifying available help.
- Directly advising pubs, cafes, restaurants etc unable to trade normally how they can continue to provide a public service, safely, as a takeaway.
- Ensuring compliance with licencing and other regulations in order to protect themselves and the public.
- Signposting to government guidance and industry expertise.
Latest information and guidance can be found at www.businessnk.co.uk/covid-19-support/
Business adviser Phil Means and the wider BusinessNK team can be contacted at www.businessnk.co.uk/our-projects/our-team/
Also www.businesslincolnshire.com/ for additional guidance and support.
And www.Businesssupport.gov.ukfor the latest Government support
Updates will also be available at www.businessnk.co.uk and on Twitter @BusinessNK