No matter what kind of energy you use in your house - using less will reduce your bills. If you use energy from fossil fuels it will also cut your carbon footprint.
Complete a home energy check with the Energy Saving Trust to get a free report telling you how to make energy improvements and save money in your home.
How many of these familiar suggestions do you do?
- I only boil what I need immediately when using the kettle.
- I always have a full load when washing or dish-washing
- I often wash clothes at 30 degrees
- I tend to shower rather than bath
- I switch off lights when the room is empty
- I never leave electrical items on standby
- I always unplug chargers when not in use
- My home is as well insulated as possible
- In winter I wear an extra layer or use warmer bedding rather than turning up the heating
- My fridge and freezer are positioned away from the cooker
- I encourage my family, friends and neighbours to be energy conscious too
Every little action you can do will make a difference - whether you are motivated by cutting costs or carbon.
North Kesteven District Council is not responsible for the content of external weblinks.