Rising Energy Bills 2022

Council Tax Energy Rebate

For this information, please see our Council Tax Energy Rebate webpage.

Help for residents of North Kesteven to access heating and energy support

Rising home energy bills are set to be an issue for some time, so here are some sources of help and support that could help you to save energy and money. 

We’ll also be sharing information and advice on this through our social media channels, so do check them out. You can follow us @northkestevendc.

If you’re struggling financially from the rising cost of living our friendly teams can check your eligibility for the broader range of help that’s available through us, and signpost you to other support available. 

This might include the Household Support Fund, help with Council Tax and Discretionary or Hardship payments.

Call 01529 414155 or email customer_services@n-kesteven.gov.uk.

Advice on energy saving and bills

Big energy saving network

What they do: An extensive free programme to help households reduce their gas and electricity costs. They can also help with the Warm Home Discount, Priority Service registration, energy efficiency grant eligibility and advice, and what to do if your energy supplier ceases trading.

Who they can help: Private homeowners, private renters, private landlords.

Contact Janet Clark by phone on 01529 301962, or email janet.clark@lincsymca.co.uk.

Anglian Water

Anglian Water’s specially trained Extra Care support team can create personalised payment plans to help our customers budget, provide some breathing space if they need some extra time to pay, as well as guide them towards other help and benefits available.

With different tariff options, customers could be eligible for a discount of up to 50% on their water charges, depending on their situation.

Visit Anglian Water for more.

Government and other help schemes

The Warm Home Discount requires the big suppliers, by law, to help vulnerable customers pay for energy. Those who get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit or are on a low income, and meet their energy supplier’s criteria are eligible to get a £140 rebate on energy bills.

Check if you’re also eligible for the Cold Weather Payment or Winter Fuel Payment.

The energy regulator, Ofgem, also provides information on getting help if you're having difficulty paying increasing bills.

Advice on energy efficiency and low carbon heating 

Simple Energy Advice

What they do: National scheme providing information on reducing energy bills, tips on making your home warmer and greener, and general information on low carbon heating options. 

Contact their free helpline on 0800 444202, or visit their website at simpleenergyadvice.org.uk 

Energy Saving Trust

What they do: National charity which provides information on energy efficiency and renewable energy generation.

Contact via their website at energysavingtrust.org.uk.

Help for Council Tenants

Aaron Services

What they do: North Kesteven District Council’s contractor that tenants can contact directly to arrange repairs of oil fired, coal and gas central heating including radiators.

Contact by calling 01205 591979 or report non emergencies online.

Kier Services

What they do: North Kesteven District Council’s contractor that tenants can contact directly to arrange repairs of electric heating (e.g. storage heaters and immersion heaters). 

Contact by calling either 01529 416399 or 01529 410444.

Lincolnshire County Council Social Services

What they do: If a health condition means the heating system - or its controls – in your council home are no longer suitable, Social Services can refer you for a change of heating system as a disabled adaptation. 

Contact The Lincolnshire Occupational Therapists. If the person with a disability is an adult call 01522 782155; if it is a child, call 01522 782111. Or email csc_socialcare@lincolnshire.gov.uk.

North Kesteven District Council Domestic Energy Officer

What they do: Support council tenants with tariff switching, energy debt support, energy efficiency advice, help with damp and condensation, meter issues, energy and hot water control system help, and assistance to access funding and applications. 

Contact the Office on 01529 308098, by Mobile on 07816 2394646, or email incometeam@n-kesteven.gov.uk.