North Kesteven District Council's commitment for excellence within its flourishing communities extends to ensuring the highest levels of safety and quality within the built environment. Through its Building Control Unit, it works to ensure health and safety of all people in and around buildings, their welfare and convenience, and promotes energy efficiency and full accessibility to all.
What we can offer
As a local authority, Building Control NK has unique benefits to its services that its competitors are unable to offer. Some of the benefits of using our services are:
- Each year a selection of our completed projects are put through for a chance to win up to one national and two local awards
- We are a not-for-profit service and offer competitive fees
- We offer independent 3rd party checking, we will inspect, and we are always impartial
- We give fast local support and guarantee same day inspections if arranged before 10am
- We aim to check your submitted plans within 15 working days
- We provide completion certificates
- We have experienced, qualified, friendly surveyors; many whom have trade backgrounds
- For £80.00 we will carry out an initial inspection for advice; this fee will then be deducted from payment made on submission of an application
- We are based in Sleaford, Lincolnshire and have good knowledge of the North Kesteven district and it's ground condition
- We regularly work alongside and have strong relationships with planners, conservation officers, fire services, highways and other organisations within Lincolnshire who might be required to have input into your project
If you need further information please contact the Building Control team by telephone or email. Alternatively you can write to or visit a Building Control Officer at our Sleaford Offices: Building Control Services, North Kesteven District Council, Kesteven Street, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, NG34 7EF.