Who is involved?
Partnership NK is made up of a wide range of organisations from the public, private, community and voluntary sectors. Our partnership is open and inclusive which means that new members are welcome, and the membership may change during the delivery of the Community Plan. Key partners include North Kesteven District Council, Lincolnshire County Council, Lincolnshire Police, Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue, Hill Holt Wood, 1Life, Voluntary Centre Services, Lincolnshire Co-op, Lindum Group, Citizen’s Advice Bureau, Lincolnshire Credit Union, Job Centre Plus and Work Based Learning Alliance.
To become a member of Partnership NK please email us.
Partnership NK has three main priorities, Our Communities, Our Economy and Our Homes. There are action groups set up to undertake the delivery of the challenges identified in the Community Plan for each of these priorities. Membership of each group is drawn from as wide a pool as possible, including members of the Steering Group and the Full Partnership.
- Our Communities - to promote the sustainability, wellbeing, safety and health of communities in North Kesteven
- Our Economy - to promote the prosperity of North Kesteven
- Our Homes - to encourage sustainable communities, with a focus on affordable housing, local services and local infrastructure.
A community plan for North Kesteven has been published. The new Community Plan for North Kesteven has been written by Partnership NK, which is a collaboration of organisations from public, private voluntary and community sectors, in consultation with members of the public. The plan sets out the aims and objectives for improving people’s lives in the District over the next five years, and actions to achieve them. You can access the community plan from the downloads section.
Improving the way we work together
We are committed to recognising that joint working depends on a clear and mutual understanding of our respective roles.
The District Council will:-
- Act as a positive advocate for the work of the local councils and to support the work of local councils as widely as possible.
- Ensure that new District Councillors and staff understand the role of local town and parish councils.
- Help deal with changes in policy or in response to new legislation. To date, we have offered planning training and are now looking at carrying out risk assessments for playgrounds.
We also promise to keep local councils involved and informed. Our parishes told us they needed information on who to contact in North Kesteven District Council, so we produced an A-Z directory to help them; please see the attached document below.
We realise that there are different levels of resources within local councils and will ensure that we present information in the way that is best suited, at the right time, to the right people.
We will also keep our parishes informed of the work of the Executive Board and Scrutiny Panels.
Partnership NK Projects