SpeakIT Plus: Accessibility tools


Suggestions for things to check about the property you would like to move to:

  • Has the tenant you wish to exchange with carried out any alterations to their property and did they get permission from us (or from their landlord if they are not an NKDC tenant) to do this?
  • Are you willing to take on the responsibility for the alterations?
  • Is there a gas or electricity point for your cooker?
  • Is there a space for your washing machine, dryer or fridge?
  • Is there any damage to doors or walls? Is there any damage to sinks, bath or WCs? Are any taps leaking?
  • Check who the gas and electricity supplier is at your new address, as you will have to arrange to change the supply to your name.