Inconvenience payments

Inconvenience payments

The Council does have a policy for paying compensation if the property is left without essential services, for example cooking or washing facilities. This will be explained fully before any work commences.

An inconvenience allowance of £50 is payable where a tenant has experienced one or more of the following for a minimum of eight hours: loss of cooking facilities; loss of hot water and personal washing facilities; loss of toilet facilities; loss of electricity or loss of heating (between 31 October and 1 May where there is no alternative such as gas/electric fire).

An application form can be obtained from the Capital Works Liaison Officer following completion of the improvement works.

Decoration and disturbance allowances

Decoration Allowances are issued in the form of a voucher. The voucher can be taken to any of the participating suppliers and exchanged for approved decoration materials to the maximum value of the voucher. A Decoration Allowance will be only paid by cheque if the tenant is unable to carry out the redecoration themselves due to age or disability.

Please contact us for further information.

Customer Services

North Kesteven District Council
Kesteven Street
NG34 7EF

Tel: 01529 414155
Fax: 01529 413956
General Enquiries