Rent Arrears

Rent Arrears

What happens if I get behind with my rent?

If you are finding it difficult to pay your rent you should contact your Housing Officer as soon as possible.  We will work with you to agree repayments that you can afford.

Alternately you can also contact the Money Advice Worker based at the Sleaford Office on 01529 414155.  For more information regarding this services please click on the related pages below.

If you do not make an agreement to pay arrears or if you break an agreement, we will take further action.  This may include court action and in some cases people will loose their homes.  If we need to take court action we will ask the court to make the tenant pay our legal costs.

Failing to pay your rent or not responding to letter about rent arrears could lead to you loosing your home.