SpeakIT Plus
Applying to keep a pet

Applying to keep a pet

We do not expect you to apply for permission to keep fish, small rodents or insects. However, you do need permission for most types of pets, including cats, dogs, reptiles, chickens, ducks or aviary birds. If you are in doubt, please ask your housing officer.

You will need to complete a Pet Agreement Form that will ask you to:

  • Provide details of the pet.
  • Agree to be fully responsible for it.
  • Make sure it does not cause a nuisance to neighbours.