SpeakIT Plus: Accessibility tools
Tenants representative

Tenants representative

A tenants’ representative is someone who speaks on behalf of council tenants (and other residents) in their street or area - like a one person tenants’ association.

As a tenant of North Kesteven District Council you are best placed to help the Council tailor its services to meet the needs of tenants. Tenants now have a far greater role in the management of housing services. We need tenants to help develop the best service possible that meets the needs of all our tenants with the resources available to us. In short – we need your help.

Do you want to help?

Have you got some time to spare?

Do you want better services for tenants?

For more information about becoming a Tenant Representative click on the download tab.


There is a tenant participation team to support tenants to become representatives and we provide or pay expenses for transport, childcare etc so you can attend meetings and training, help with stationary and use of office equipment if required and access to information about the Council and we provide and encourage representatives to attend training event.