Standard of homes when you move in

Standard of homes when you move in

When a property becomes vacant and a new tenant is going to move in we will:

  • Carry out a gas safety check where gas is installed and provide a certificate

  • Carry out a safety check of the electrical installation

  • Undertake a water hygiene test and provide a certificate

  • Remove any rubbish from the property and garden

  • Clean the property

  • Re-decorate parts, or all of the property if required

  • Carry out all of the urgent repairs and try to complete all other repairs whilst the property is empty

  • Keep the incoming tenant informed of the date the property will be ready

Sometimes we may:

  • Leave minor repairs to be completed once the new tenant has moved in. If this is the case, the incoming tenant will be informed of the timescale for their completion.

  • Leave work to the garden if this means the property can be let to a new tenant faster. The gardening work will be completed once the property is let.