More detailed information for candidates and agents can be found on the following pages:
District Council Briefings
The following Candidate/ Agent briefing events are taking place for those interested in the District Council elections:
- North Hykeham Town Council Offices, Fen Lane, North Hykeham, LN6 8UZ – Tuesday 26th February 2019 at 7pm
- North Kesteven District Council Offices, Civic Suite, Kesteven Street, Sleaford, NG34 7EF – Tuesday 5th March 2019 at 7:30pm
Parish Council Briefings
The following briefing events are taking place for those interested in standing as either a parish or town councillor. Parish Clerks are welcome to attend.
- North Hykeham Town Council Offices, Fen Lane, North Hykeham, LN6 8UZ – Tuesday 26th February 2019 at 5.30pm
- North Kesteven District Council Offices, Civic Suite, Kesteven Street, Sleaford, NG34 – Tuesday 5th March 2019 at 6.00pm
- The Venue, Navenby, LN5 0JJ – Tuesday 12th March 2019 at 6.00pm
Nomination packs will be available at these events but to ensure a pack is prepared for you, please contact the Business Support Team if you wish to collect a pack at least one day before a briefing by email to BusinessSupportTeam@n-kesteven.gov.uk.
Anyone wishing to stand for election as a district or parish/town councillor on 2 May 2019 will need to submit a set of nomination papers, even if they are a current councillor. Candidates wishing to stand for election must submit a nomination paper, home address form, consent to nomination and any other relevant papers to the Returning Officer during the official nomination period. More details regarding the nomination period can also be found in the Submitting nomination papers and Nomination pack sections.
Electoral Commission Guidance
Any potential candidates and agents are strongly encouraged to read the Electoral Commission’s important information and guidance which can be found on the following links:
This guidance covers all aspects relating to the elections including details of qualifications and disqualifications from standing, the completion and submission of nomination papers, the election campaign; including a code of conduct for campaigners, and candidate spending.