SpeakIT Plus
What extra help can I get if I cannot pay?

What extra help can I get if I cannot pay?

The Council has established a Council Tax Exceptional Hardship Fund that can be used to support people struggling to pay their Council Tax. In order to qualify you will need to still be getting some Council Tax Support but you still have some Council Tax to pay but cannot afford it all easily. To apply please contact the Benefits Team and ask to apply for the Exceptional Hardship Fund on top of your existing Council Tax Support.

The fund is limited to £10,000 and cannot help everyone who applies indefinitely. You will need to complete an application form giving details of your money coming in, expenses and debts and any exceptional circumstances that are affecting you. 

Indicates mandatory fields

Info helpful
Please let us know