Regularisation application

If you have already carried out work to your property without the benefit of an application and have subsequently found out that you need one, then this is the application that needs to be used.

For any work carried out after 11 November 1985 it is possible to apply to us for a Regularisation Certificate. The application should include the application form, a plan of the unauthorised work, and a charge that is 150% of the Full Plans application charge. This type of application is, however, exempt from VAT. This is non-returnable in the event that either party do not wish to proceed beyond the submission stage.

Please contact us for details on charges.

After acceptance of the application, we may require the applicant to take such steps as are necessary to ensure that the relevant requirements of the Building Regulations are met. These could include, opening up the unauthorised work for inspection, making tests or taking samples.

We will notify the applicant of any work that is required to be carried out to show compliance or if no work is required.

Should the relevant requirements of the Building Regulations be satisfied or if no work is required, we will issue a Regularisation Certificate.


If you need further information please contact the Building Control team by telephone or email. Alternatively you can write to or visit a Building Control Officer at our Sleaford Offices: Building Control Services, North Kesteven District Council, Kesteven Street, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, NG34 7EF