What do I need to know?

If you intend to demolish the whole or part of a building you need to inform us (subject to certain exemptions).

Legally you should not start any demolition work unless you have notified us. Notification can be provided by letter or email or by completing the form below. When you notify us of a proposed demolition, you must also send a copy of the notification to the occupiers of any adjacent buildings, and to the relevant utility providers.

If you need further information please contact the Building Control team by telephone or email. Alternatively you can write to or visit a Building Control Officer at our Sleaford Offices: Building Control Services, North Kesteven District Council, Kesteven Street, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, NG34 7EF. 

documents | Demolitions