The SustainNK team offer advice and support to businesses and organisations in North Kesteven. This is a free service and as no two organisations are the same the service is bespoke.
We will discuss what an organisation wants to achieve, what it is already doing and any opportunities/challenges they may face. We will then draw up a concise report highlighting ‘easy wins’ at low or no cost, plus options to save and even make money.
The types of things we can look at are:
- Current and aspirational activities
- Organisational culture and behaviours - including Environmental policies and delivering staff awareness campaigns
- Energy, fuel and water use
- Building construction and maintenance
- Waste and recycling
- Staff travel and goods transport
- Carbon footprint measurement
Our report will also provide information about current funding opportunities and further sources of free local expert support and technical guidance should you need it. An example action plan can be found below. If you would like to arrange a visit from a member of the Sustainability Team, please use the comments box on the right, email us on SustainNK@n-kesteven.gov.uk or call 01526 414155.
There is also advice available for businesses from the Government gov.uk webpages including advice on sustainable and environmental legislation.
The Carbon Trust offers expert support, advice and funding for businesses.