Information on how to organise a street party

The Government has produced The “Can Do” interactive guide to running community events guide with step by step tips and advice to help organisers arrange a successful event.

There is a simple to use application form available in the downloads section.

Sometimes, in certain circumstances, Lincolnshire County Council may allow roads to be closed for specific events being held on the highway, eg, village fete, Christmas market etc.    

Please note:

  • if you need to organise a road closure, this is a County Council service, and we have included a link through to the appropriate webpage on their site where you will find all the information you need. This link can be found under the Websites tab above.
  • check with us if you need a temporary events licence and/or an alcohol licence for the day. We have included links through to all related pages in the useful links section.
If you have any questions about licences or anything else related to holding street parties (except for road closures) please feel free to contact the Licensing Team, we will be happy to help. 

For questions about road closures please contact Lincolnshire County Council on 01522 782070.