Southgate level crossing
- Requirement of Network Rail that the level crossing be closed to vehicular traffic upon opening of the Link Road, and closed to pedestrian use within a further two year period.
- Restriction is set out in the Link Road planning consent.
- Network Rail’s requirement is based on their national policy to reduce level crossings due to highway and pedestrian safety concerns.
- Within Network Rail’s ‘East Region’, Sleaford crossing is ranked 64th most dangerous in terms of risk out of a total of 1,890.
- The new pedestrian footbridge will need to be fully compliant with standards for use in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
There is a document that has been made available to download outlining the key facts about Sleaford Regeneration.