On 25 March 2021, the government announced a new Covid 19 Additional Relief Fund (CARF):
- The fund is available to support those businesses affected by the pandemic but that are ineligible for existing support linked to business rates
- This is a Business Rate Relief and not a grant, therefore you must have a business rates liability for the relevant year.
The CARF relief is available for 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022 if you meet the following criteria:
- You do not receive or are not eligible for the Extended Retail Discount, the Nursery Discount or the Airport and Grounds Operations Support Scheme, and
- The property was occupied, and
- You have been adversely affected by the pandemic, comparing 2021-22 to 2019-2020, and have been unable to adequately adapt to that impact
Once you have read the guidelines, if you believe that you qualify for this business rate relief, please complete the application form.
If your account goes into credit for the year 2021-22, this will be offset against your charges for the year 2022-22 and your instalments will be reset.
This scheme applies for the financial year 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
The closing date is Thursday 31 July 2022.