Publishing our data
We regularly receive requests for Business rates information. In order to make this process quicker and to reduce the need for a request, we have joined many other authorities in publishing the data online quarterly.
We are unable to supply details of individuals as this constitutes personal data, as defined by the Data Protection Act 2018; and is exempt from disclosure by virtue of Section 40(2)(a)(i) (Personal Information) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
We have removed any sole trader’s personal information due to the above.
As per information commissioner office decisions FS50643256 and FS50619844 we do not give out any individual information for accounts in credit. If you have been notified you have a credit please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data can be downloaded and viewed and is available in multiple formats in the downloads section.
This is a general guide not exhaustive
The list below are the most common requests sent to our authority for Non- Domestic rates FOI’s. The below will explain how to gather and find this information. These are column headers within Business rates all accounts
- Mandatory reliefs - Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3
- Discretionary reliefs - Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3
- Rural rate reliefs - Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3
- Small business rate reliefs - Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3
- Retail Discount Reliefs - Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3
- Exemptions - Exemption Type
- Properties not in receipt of small business rate relief - Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3
- Empty properties - Occupied / Empty Statues or/and Exemption Type
- Rateable value greater than 5,000 – Current Rateable Value