Please note the applications for business grants have been temporarily closed.
What are these grants for?
We have now received guidance from the Government and have commenced the administering of the Business Rate holidays and grants.
These schemes are important elements in Government's wider support to the economy as we collectively manage the impacts of Coronavirus.
Businesses with more than one eligible property in North Kesteven will need to make separate applications for each.
Business Rates Holiday
For those businesses eligible for the Business Rates holiday, we will be updating accounts with the additional rate relief, and sending revised bills to ratepayers at the earliest opportunity.
There is no need to contact the Business Rates team to request this.
Business Grant Funds
The Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund are also available for eligible businesses. Eligibility for these three grants are based on receipt of Business Rates relief and rateable values.
Small Business Grants Fund
Small businesses that pay little or no business rates and are eligible for small business rate relief (SBBR) or rural rate relief will receive £10,000 cash grant.
If you are a charity, you can apply for the Small Business Rate Relief (SBRR) option.
Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Business Grants Fund
- If your business in the retail, hospitality or leisure sector, with a rateable value of under £15,000, you will receive a grant of £10,000.
- If your business in the retail, hospitality or leisure sector, with a rateable value between £15,001 and £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000.
To ensure we can deliver these payments accurately and quickly, we need to collect a set of data in order to make the payment and complete effective post award assurance. To avoid unnecessary delays we would encourage you to provide the information using the online form below. Please note that if you have more than one eligible business property, you will need to complete a separate form for each property.
Information provided will be verified and payments will be issued once we have all correct information and this has been checked. Please note this important information:
- Any changes to the rating list (rateable value or to the property/building) after the 11 March 2020 including changes which have been backdated to this date should be ignored for the purposes of eligibility.
- Local Authorities are not required to adjust, pay or recover grants where the rating list is subsequently amended retrospectively to the 11 March 2020.
- The Government will not accept deliberate manipulation and fraud - and any business caught falsifying their records to gain additional grant money will face prosecution and any funding issued will be subject to claw back.