European Parliamentary elections
|Publication of notice of election||Not later than the twenty fifth day before the date of the poll|
|Delivery of nomination papers and list of candidates of registered parties||Between the hours of 10am and 4pm on any day after the date of the publication of the notice of the election but not later than the nineteenth day before the date of the poll|
|Delivery of notices of withdrawals||Within the time for the delivery of nomination papers at the election|
|Objections to nominations received or the list of candidates of registered parties||During the hours allowed for delivery of nomination papers on the last day for receipt of nominations and the hour following. However there are exceptions.|
|Publication of statement of parties and individual candidates nominated||At the close of the time for making objections to nomination papers or list of candidates of registered parties or as soon afterwards as any objections are disposed of|
|Polling day||Between 7am and 10pm on the day of election|
European Parliamentary information:
North Kesteven forms part of the East Midlands region and there are currently five MEP’s. For further information please click on the following link:
European MEP’s for the East Midlands
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be a qualifying Commonwealth (including British) citizen or a Republic of Ireland citizen.
- Any person disqualified from being an MP under the House of Commons Act 1975.
- Any person disqualified from being an MP for any constituency any part of which is within the appropriate European Parliamentary electoral region.
- Lords of Appeal in Ordinary (“Law Lord”)
- Members of the government of any member state.
- Officials of the European Union.
- A citizen of the Union disqualified under the law of the Member State of which they are a national.
If you are a citizen of Britain, Cyprus, Malta and the Republic of Ireland you do not need to do this.