The aim of the Building Control Unit is to provide a safe built environment by ensuring the health and safety of people in and around buildings, their welfare and convenience, furthering the conservation of fuel and power and ensuring reasonable provision of facilities for the disabled.
- The Unit provides a plan checking and site inspection service to the public, builders, architects and developers to ensure compliance with the building regulations, and also has responsibility for:
- Dealing with dangerous structures to ensure public safety
- Dealing with demolitions to ensure public safety
- Providing a facility for the public to view the public sewers maps
- Promoting access for the disabled and carrying out access audits
- Standard assessment procedure, energy performance certificate and air pressure testing
- Building Control Partnership Scheme
Building Regulations should not be confused with planning permission. The regulations apply to the actual building work and will often apply to work which is free of planning control.
Application forms, charge sheets and guidance notes can be found in the download tab
Find more information in our e-brochure
Standard Assessment Procedure, Energy Performance Certificates and Air Pressure Testing
We are currently experiencing problems with our Building Control Online system and hope to have them resolved shortly. In the meantime please email your applications to email@example.com .
If your building requires an access audit we can do this for you.
The LABC Partner Authority Scheme (PAS) is designed to help companies and agents that operate in multiple locations and who deal with many local authorities on a daily basis.
Information about building regulations that are required to be followed.
The Local Authority has a responsibility to deal with dangerous buildings as they occur.
When intending to demolish a building, notice must be be given to the Local Authority.
Competent person schemes were introduced by the Government to allow registered individuals and enterprises to self-certify