Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Information on how to organise a street party

Organising a community event or street party can be easier than you think. These are some of the common myths surrounding the staging of such events.

1. Myth: I cannot serve tea and coffee in the vicinity of children without a food safety certificate. Fact: You are not banned from sensibly serving hot drinks around children.

2. Myth: I need a special certificate to sell homemade cakes at school fetes. Fact: You do not need a certificate to sell homemade cakes.

3. Myth: I have to pay for local road closures: Fact: You can ask your local authority to justify any charge and often there is no charge.

4. Myth: I need public liability insurance for running events. Fact: You are not required by law and signing a disclaimer can be adequate.

5. Myth: I need a licence to run a bingo or a race night. Fact: You do not need this as long as your event is for ‘good causes’.

6. Myth: I need a licence for live music: Fact: You do not generally need a licence for most local events which include music between 8am and 11pm.

7. Myth: If there is alcohol at my event I need a special licence. Fact: You don’t need a licence unless alcohol is being sold.

The Government have produced this interactive guide with step by step tips and advice to help organisers arrange a successful event:

The “Can Do” guide to running community events

There is a simple to use application form on our downloads tab.


  • if you need to organise a road closure, this is a County Council service, and we have included a link through to the appropriate webpage on their site where you will find all the information you need. This link can be found under the Websites tab above.
  • to check with us if you need a temporary events licence and/or an alcohol licence for the day. We have included links through to all related pages below under “Related Pages

If you have any questions about licences or anything else related to holding street parties (except for road closures) please feel free to contact the Licensing Team on 01529 414155 or e-mail us: , we will be happy to help.

For questions about road closures please contact Lincolnshire County Council on (01522) 782070.

Licence Committee Minutes

If you would like to view Licence Committee minutes, just use the options below .

Licensing Panel

Licensing Sub Panel

Taxi licensing Sub Committee

Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 25 June 2015

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET