Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

House to house collection

Before you apply for any licence, please make sure you read all the licensing information below.

Apply online

Apply for a house-to-house collection licence

Supply a return for a house-to-house collection

Licence summary

Persons wishing to undertake charitable house to house collections for money and/or goods in the North Kesteven District must apply to North Kesteven District Council for a House to House Collection Permit. These collections generally take place from door to door or from one Public House to another.

There are two circumstances where the need for a licence issued by North Kesteven District Council is not required.

  1. Home Office Exemption, (such as Christian Aid, Help the Aged etc). Whilst these charities are not required to apply locally they are required to advise us in writing of the existence of their exemption together with the date and location of collection. Having received this information the Council can avoid double booking an area.
  2. Local Certificate of Exemption. Where the Chief Constable for Lincolnshire Police is satisfied that the purpose is local in character and that the collection is likely to be completed within a short period. He/she may then grant to the promoter of the collection a certificate in the prescribed form. Where a certificate is granted, a licence from North Kesteven District Council is not required.

Eligibility criteria

House to House collections are free and anyone can apply providing they are over 16 years of age.

Applications must be in the form prescribed by North Kesteven District Council (see form below) and should be made at least 28 days in advance of the proposed collection.

Applications should be accompanied by the following:-

  • Particulars of any contracts with any charity which is to benefit from this collection
  • List of trustees
  • Previous years accounts
  • Literature on organisation(s) which will benefit
  • Permission form the charity the collection is to benefit

Regulation summary

House to House Collections Act 1939

Application evaluation process

A check will be made as to the availability of the proposed collection dates and providing the above criteria is met a permit will be granted.

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us within 28 days.

How to apply

Complete the form in the ‘Downloads’ tab above and return to the address provided.

Download an application form

Please download the document and return it to us using the contact details in the ‘Contacts’ tab.

Failed application redress

Please contact us in the first instance using the contact details.

You have the right to appeal to the Minister for the Cabinet Office. Appeals must be lodged within 14 days of the refusal.

Licence holder redress

Please contact us in the first instance using the contact details.

You have the right to appeal to the Minister for the Cabinet Office. Appeals must be lodged within 14 days of the decision.

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Licence Committee Minutes

If you would like to view Licence Committee minutes, just use the options below .

Licensing Panel

Licensing Sub Panel

Taxi licensing Sub Committee

Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 26 May 2015

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET